Just leave the fields blank that you don't want to search
Professor IAN ELLIS
Professor of Cancer Pathology
|Biography||Ian has been involved in the practice of pathology for thirty five years and has an international reputation in clinical and translational research in breast disease, particularly classification and molecular pathology of breast cancer and evaluation of prognostic factors. Author of over 700 peer reviewed scientific publications, chapters in medical textbooks and specialist textbooks in pathology and an experienced lecturer being a founder member of the faculty of the Nottingham Blamey International Breast Education Centre. His H Index is 104 (July2019).
He is a Past President of the Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland. He has been Specialty Advisor to The Royal College of Pathologists, and is past Chairman of the UK National Co-ordinating Committee for Breast Pathology. He has acted as an advisor to the DoH, UICC, WHO and IARC. He is Medical Director of Source Bioscience plc. He retired from his full time University and honorary NHS consultant post at the end of August 2015, returning on a part time basis in October 2015.
He is a very keen fly fisherman and wine taster.
1. In 2010 named as one of the top 20 most influential people in the field of breast cancer research in the world and one of just four UK scientists in the list compiled from a field of 44,000 scientists around the globe.
2. Awarded Honorary Fellowship of the Royal College of Pathologists of Australia in 2011
3 Awarded the Presidents Medal, British Division of the International Academy of Pathology, 2014
4. In 2015 named as No 8 in the top 100 most influential laboratory medicine professionals in the World in a survey carried out by The Pathologist
5. NHS Clinical Excellence Award – Platinum 2015
6. Awarded the Ritchie Medal by the Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland, 2016
7. Awarded and first recipient of the BCRF-Larry Norton Award for Excellence in Breast Pathology by the International Society of Breast Pathology, 2018
8. Named in The Pathologist’s Power List 2018 as on of the top 100 Pathologists Worldwide by The Pathologist. https://thepathologist.com/power-list/2018/
|Research Interests||Breast disease and breast cancer|
|Scopus Author ID||https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?authorId=36039440700|